Stitch and Structure / Jean Draper
|Beschikbaarheid:||Niet op voorraad|
|Levertijd:||Niet op voorraad|
An essential book for any textile artist looking to expand their repertoire into two- and three-dimensional work. Leading textile artist, teacher and examiner Jean Draper takes you through the entire process from designing through construction to embellishment with mixed media. This beautiful and very practical book includes diagrams, detailed drawings and stitch information to guide the reader through the techniques, which include hand and machine embroidery.
- Design, including recording information for translation into stitch (with lots of drawing tips);
- Choice of Threads, including some unusual threads and customizing them;
- Constructing with Thread, everything from knotted forms, with decorative threads, grids and stacks, and coiled structures;
- Stitches in Thin Air, constructing with stitch alone using moulds and soluble fabric;
- Using Mixed Media in Stitched Structures, such as paper, sticks, wire and plastics;
- Adding Structure to an Existing Fabric; Three-Dimensional Fabric Structures.
Working in two and three-dimensions is a growing genre of textile art and this incorporates a fresh approach and great design advice.